Saturday, October 25, 2008

When You Don’t Mean What You Say

I need to blog.


I need to blog.


I really need to blog.


There.. Do you see it? The desperation, the confusion my mind had been groping around in the abyss of colourful thoughts to pick and write about a few among the overwhelming number of things I do???


Oh don't raise that eyebrow, there have been plenty of things. I mean it! Things I did, am doing and going to do.. [yes, the last being the most.. why else do I live for tomorrow??] I've been having a hellva time lately. In a good way.


Right. Right now, I'm penning my To Do list. The central theme is cleaning and the list seems endless.. fast forward? Deepavali is around the weekend and we are expecting some guests. It's not like that’s the only reason there's a major cleaning op going on, this is just an opportunity God gave.. :D Who doesn't want a neat beautiful home?[wink, wink] So we spend a couple of hours everyday, dusting and swiping, unable to throw the hundred odd things we can do without.. One thing led to another and I ended up scouring the internet for a few dot[pulli] kolam patterns. They all look simple, trust me. The only hitch is me getting up early.. still, I have high hopes.


Diwali is one of my favourite festivals. The food, the lights and yes, the shopping.. We shopped seven continuous hours day after day and it reminded me just how much I hated crowds. The suffocating rush, the scents, the noise, the push, kids crawling and bawling, ah.. nothing to beat T Nagar. But at the end of that long, air conditioned, jasmine smelling tunnel, I came home happy :) :) New clothes always cheer me up :)


I've also been baking scones and cakes. I'm addicted to that SMELL!! Dear God! Nothing, I repeat nothing like the aroma of a rich piping hot chocolate cake, fresh from the oven. Yum Yum.. Assaults to your senses that will make you want more, and more..


Gimme more! Onto the Britney front now. For those who don't know, I was totally crazed about Ms. Spears during my teens. Whacked. No, I didn't mean her[honestly], just me. She’s out with her latest, Womanizer. Listen to it. Love that gal! Go Britney, Go!! Oh, and I sent a cheesy card to some of my gal pals this October 11th. It was the You Go, Girl! day. The things I do.. the things you learn.. ;)


I've just got to mention Beyonce's If I Were A Boy. I could write a whole post on just the title, but I’ll save it for later. OMG. The way she emotes this song is unbelievable!! Sure, she screeches now and then.. but that's her style. I listened to it a couple of times and couldn't stop playing it the whole afternoon..

And I've been reading novels. Wonder if I'll ever take an hiatus from that.. Am currently perusing the 26th from the "In Death" series by J D Robb, aka Nora Roberts. Is it normal to wish I could come up with dry, sarcastic comments like Dallas, Lieutenant Eve??

Finally, I couldn’t think of an appropriate title for this one. If you’ve forgotten it, good. I like readers like you. But I have been thinking about how often people say what they don’t mean. So effortlessly. Aren’t they just lies? Ask them that and they say ‘it’s a white lie, no harm.’ Don’t people think of right and wrong anymore? Have such principles become flexible, situation-based? Is it too much to expect people to mean what they say? Sad man, sad.

Alright, this post is long enough to let another month pass by before I feel guilty again.. I'm gonna burst rockets and watch the night sky explode with colours.. Wish you all a delightful and sweeeet Diwali! Life's still great!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cleaning is good until you get to shop and buy dresses for occasions especially deepavali...it so happens very often that you really don't mean what you say... and here is one such blog where you can vent out what you wanna say but its sheer stupidity saying things...in short a "nice and uncanny" blog

Ranganayaki said...

Enjoyed reading :)
- Aarthi Manoharan here..

Divya said...

@rakshith
thanks man! mayb u shud start bloggin as well.. wat say?

@bunty
glad u liked it :)

Vignesh said...

hey.. nice one yar,,, an here s a gal wo likes cleanin.. wow:) suprising..ha ha ..anyway tz gud ting u doin al doze...

Anonymous said...

haa!!!!!!! was jus wondering, why this "TOXIC" goddess of yours hasn't creeped into your posts ;) !!! NOW she has, and glorified your blog entry :p!!! And, div, is the list gonna include beyonce next ;) ?

Divya said...

@vignesh
aw, u think it's good i'm cleanin? ;-) nywayz, thanks buddy :)

@klynisiv
u know, derz only space 4 one numero uno :D

Unknown said...

Nice style of writing. Loved reading it. :)